Thanks for your attempt. I was called. And I understood them to tell me yet again that my unit will not be supported. I will not receive a supported repair or offered trade in towards a refirb without the inherent issue. My unit hit the epic fail point last Friday when my wife accidently turned it off. I have a 65# HDMI switcher with no sound. I emailed a response back to parts (2/3) asking for written confirmation that my situation is not going to be supported. I have heard no response to date.
Please forward my request for written confirmation so I can pursue an alternate future for my flagship.
FORUMMODERATOR1 wrote:I was able to ascretain that the receiver in question has its serial number removed from the chassis (as pictures where provided showing the rear of the receiver without any printed serial number) and you also stated you have no possession of any sales receipt, credit card statements, or ANY bill of sale. As per the manufacturer's warranty:
IF YOU PURCHASE AN ONKYO PRODUCT FROM AN UNAUTHORIZED DEALER, YOUR ONKYO WARRANTY WILL NOT BE VALID, please use our authorized dealer locator.
This Warranty does not apply with respect to the following:
1. Defects or damage caused by accident, fire, flood, lightning or other acts of God.
2. Defects or damage caused by abuse, misuse, negligence or failure to observe the instructions contained in the manual furnished at the time of original purchase.
3. Damage caused during shipment or handling.
4. Products purchased from anyone other than Onkyo or an Onkyo Authorized Dealer. If you are uncertain as to whether a dealer is authorized, please contact Onkyo's Customer Relations Department or check the Dealer and Service Locator.
5. Products that have had their serial numbers altered or removed.
6. Products purchased in "AS IS" condition.
7. Products that have been altered or repaired by anyone other than Onkyo or an Onkyo authorized service station in a manner that has affected their performance, stability or reliability.
As you are legible for a couple of these exclusions of warranty/ Parts & Services requirements for servicing; we can't offer any further servicing assistance to this unit besides product troubleshooting via the Product Support contact number. If you were able to provide the bill of sale to confirm the dealer of purchase; we can't offer warranty repair to an unidentifiable unit.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests